Fencing indoors continues, we will only be accepting limited numbers. Be quick as once the places are full, we will start a waiting list. If we are full and you are on the waiting list – we will let know.
We are meeting from 7:15 - 9:00 pm at K2 Leisure Centre Main Hall, on both a Monday and Wednesday evenings.
We will need to follow some strict guidelines to ensure this works:
- You MUST pre-register for the session at least 24 hours before, using this link here.
- Once registered, you will be allocated to a group. Each group will be no bigger than 15 people and the groups will not be able to mix. If you cannot then attend after registering, it is really important to let us know (ideally 24 hours before) this will potentially allow space for someone else to fence.
- Please wait in the main corridor for temperature checks, before entering the main hall.
- When you are not fencing a social distance of at least 2 metres must be observed at all times and a facemask must be worn.
- You are free to fence anyone in your group, but this must be limited to no more than 30 hits in an evening.
- There are no facilities available such as showers, water fountains etc. - therefore please bring a drink
- Please bring complete fencing kit.
- Parents, please collect your children from the main corridor after the session, they will not be allowed to leave until collected.
- If you have had any COVID symptoms in the preceding 10 days, please do not come.
- If you develop COVID symptoms after the session please contact club as soon as possible.
Look forward to seeing you
Children and Adult Courses for Introduction of Fencing stating Monday 14th June 2021
Please reply by Wednesday 2nd June 2021 to book your place, you will also have to be at K2 on Monday 7th June 2021.
We have a few spaces left on our two beginner’s courses starting on Monday 14th June 2021. These are for children aged over 9 from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm and for adults from 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm at a cost of £65.00 per participant, in the Main Hall, K2 Leisure Centre, Pease Pottage Hill, Crawley, RH11 9BQ. This will run on Monday evenings for six weeks - COVID restrictions permitting.
The course will provide you with an introduction and basic understanding of fencing, to enable you to have some fun and to help you to decide if you want to take up the sport.
All the equipment you will need, whilst on the course, is supplied by the club and we would like to allocate this to you before starting. Once you have completed the application on the link below, please be at K2 on Monday 7th June at either 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm, so this can be arranged.
Space is limited so please complete the attached link here to register your place - no later than Wednesday 2nd June 2021. Once you are registered we will contact you to arrange payment.Go to original post
Massive Congratulations to Gabi Holland who won the first National Youth Pentathlon competition of the season last weekend!
Despite swimming a PB in the pool and winning the combined running /shooting event, Gabi wasn’t done there! As U17s don’t fence in the competitions, she decided to enter the U19 competition which she also came joint #1 with an impressive 21V 7D.
Great to see the hard work paying off!!
We've still got some places on our adult and junior beginners courses! For all those interested, you can sign up here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc_oJqsKXsYtruF7vBlCyIB9z7L8VDjotWncUJqx5r-cD2yfA/viewform?fbclid=IwAR0jIfcCRoNjLf2CRyBCG6U6QFzjqX-HFqjeTIbggLj-w3ZeJ8gZ-DlobXY
The sign up for the first fortnight in June is now available! Remember there is no fencing this bank holiday Monday. Sign up here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1xkF497Rx7tYB6KBnmYfnQR5yi4spNSylCxttiF58dixChw/viewform?usp=sf_link
We're heading back indoors! Sessions will start next week, 7.15 - 9.00pm at K2. Be quick signing up though - numbers are limited. If you can no longer make a session, please let us know as soon as possible so we can reallocate you space. Sign up here: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdNxjagBp98y1kAYNNCOCjerry3-HSIbwIkkY4UWcyYmbpCQA/viewform?usp=sf_link
We have a new sign up for our May outdoor sessions - sign up using the link below and see you all next week! docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScZLx4lxIO8cVtVhzFafRga_QhBB-8e3rK5_Hy78CL2lkjM_g/viewform?usp=sf_link