Following roadmap rules, we are moving to outside fencing sparring sessions from Monday 29th March.
The Hawth Theatre in Crawley (Hawth Ave, Crawley RH10 6YZ) is kindly allowing us to use their car park from 6:30pm - 7:30pm on both a Monday & Wednesday evening. Note we have brought the timing forward to allow us extra daylight.
We will need to follow some strict guidelines to ensure this works:
- You MUST pre-register for the session at least 24 hours before, using this NEW link here.
- Once registered, you will be allocated to a group. Each group will be no bigger than 15 people and the groups should not be mixing. If you cannot then attend after registering, it is really important to let us know (ideally 24 hours before) so that our coaching plans can then be revised.
- Social distancing of at least 2m must be observed at all times and a facemask must be worn when not fencing.
- There are no facilities such as toilets or water fountains – therefore please bring a drink etc.
- Please bring complete fencing kit.
- This sessions will be weather dependent – please keep an eye out on the website or Facebook to check. If it rains we will cancel the sessions.
- If you have had any COVID symptoms in the preceding 2 weeks, please do not come.
- If you develop COVID symptoms after the session please contact club as soon as possible.
For those that are shielding or do not feel comfortable meeting up, please let us know and we will try to film the sessions for you.
Look forward to seeing you.Go to original post
Looks like the weather is holding out for our bank holiday fencing session tomorrow! We've also created a quick survey to give everyone a say in our future sessions, including a sneak peek at our proposed kit 😉 Please have your say and complete it using the link below:
Here's your reminder to sign up for tomorrow's outdoor fencing session! Remember we'll be starting at 6:30pm to make the most of the light ☀️ Sign up link in the comments.
Whilst we're at the Hawth - why not also consider auditioning to be in their production of Robin Hood... ⚔
💪💪💪WE'RE BACK OUTSIDE 💪💪💪
We're really excited to announce we will be fencing outside at the Hawth from this Monday (weather permitting)!
Note we will be initially starting at the EARLIER time of 6:30pm to ensure we have enough light.
Please check out our new outdoor covid poster and remember to sign up 24 hours in advance: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScYQFdXphbhZXdb5GFsHqCeKdcs61CagLK9gl-RFacAlYsThg/viewform
Some other exciting developments:
- Pod sizes can now be up to 15 people
- We can fence without a mask liner / facemask (but please wear one when not fencing)
- Fleching and close quarter fencing is now allowed
See you there! 🌳🤺🌳
What could be our final week of Crawley Sword at Home kicks off on Monday with George Morris and his fencing fitness session, getting us ready for our return outdoors.
Luke then takes us through his ADP session on how tight hits are called internationally. Luke's sessions is mostly aimed at foilists, but there are points for all 3 weapons ⚔ See you all there!
Once again it's great to have George running our Monday Fencing Fitness at Home session. We're then mixing it up on Wednesday, with our first armoury session with Andy Huckle. Andy will be exploring how we can all check our weapons are ready for a return to fencing - see you all there! ⚔️