Crawley Sword Club was established in 1954 to promote the sport of fencing. Geoff Griffin the founder of the club was a member of the British Academy of Fencing (provost) and was involved with the club until he passed away. We are a three weapon club, fencing: Foil, Epée, and Sabre.
Crawley Sword Club offers a friendly and welcoming environment to all who want to take up the sport of fencing. We are based at the K2 Leisure Centre in Crawley that is easily accessible from Sussex, Surrey and Kent. Training can be tailored to accommodate beginners and social fencers to the aspiring national contenders.
Crawley Sword Club has produced fencers of all standards including club, county, commonwealth and national fencers, across the entire age range from Junior to Veteran.
Following the success in July, we are extending our outside sessions into
August. The Hawth Theatre in Crawley (Hawth Ave, Crawley RH10 6YZ) is still allowing us the use of their car park from 7-8pm on both a Monday & Wednesday evening.
We will need to follow some strict guidelines to ensure this works:
- You MUST pre-register for the session at least 24 hours before, using this NEW link https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NPSPCJ9
- Once registered, you will be allocated to a group. Each group will be no bigger than 5 people plus 1 coach & the groups should not be mixing whilst training. If you cannot then attend after registering, it is really important to let us know (ideally 24 hours before) so that our coaching plans can then be revised.
- Social distancing of at least 2m must be observed at all times
- There are no facilities such as toilets & water fountains - therefore please bring a drink etc.
- Please bring a glove, sword & a small mat.
- This will be weather dependent - please keep an eye out on the
- website or Facebook to check. If it rains we will run a Zoom session instead.
- If you have had any COVID symptoms in the preceding 2 weeks, please do not come.
- If you develop COVID symptoms after the session please contact the club as soon as possible
For those that are shielding or do not feel comfortable meeting up, we will
try to film the session. If you would like us to send you this, please contact us.
Look forward to seeing you.Go to original post